Support the Haiti Disaster Relief Effort

Monday, June 14, 2010

I'm trying really hard...



I decided this summer to give Soccer (or fútbol) another shot in lieu of the massive amount of World Cup coverage in the press and as a direct and proximate result of the massive amount of suckage from my baseball teams. Also, The Chi. Blackawks' Stanley Cup win was pretty damn cool and soccer is really just hockey without the ice and the sticks, right? Am I right? You know what I'm sayin' eh?

I even threw World Cup Fest 2010 at the abode, Saturday. The assembled had Mexican food (why, when Mexico played Friday, I dunno, but it seemed right), Mexican Beer, and we gathered for three soccer--I believe they are called matches--in a row.

And while there was the occasional moment of great excitement--particularly Mr. English Fumble hands, above, there were still long, long periods of people running back and forth in tiny shorts not doing a whole hell of a lot.

I'm trying to bring a little "international flavor" to my sports viewing but I just don't know. I'm putting my best foot forward (see what I did there) but not sure I'm gonna make it.

Also, I realize there is some South African cultural thing going on, BUT IT SOUNDS LIKE THE STADIUMS ARE UNDER ATTACK BY GIANT BEES. PLEASE, PLEASE, MAKE IT STOP....


Anyhoooo, I'm as patriotic as the next mope--so as I'm trying to learn more about Soccer I can only say: go USA! Bring that Cup home!! I realize it's never been here, so it's not really home, but you get the point...

0 comments:

Recent Posts

The Onion

Labels

The Heckler - Front Page News

Urban Word of the Day

Blah Blah Blah

Advertisements do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Bruiser (but click on 'em anyway, please).

"Our Blogger Templates" Web Design

Thanks for the help.
Powered By Blogger

  © Blogger template 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP