Support the Haiti Disaster Relief Effort

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

10 Years: 10 Episodes Survivor: August 23, 2000

The fantastic and creative "Grant" who I gave props to in my 2009 round up for his "Week of..." series on "the book of faces" also had this interesting countdown of his favorite movie for each year in the decade (as opposed to favorite movies of the decade entirely). So I'm stealing his idea. Somewhat blatantly. However, I thought I'd apply it to TV and give you one episode from one show for each year that I (1) caught in its original broadcast and (2) made for great tubeage that year. Yes, I know the end of decade stuff was so last week--but it's never too late for a good Countdown ... right Mr. Olbermann?

________________________________

First up is the finale to the original Survivor. Everything about the show is such a cliche now that it is kinda hard to believe just how damn riviting that first 13 episode run on CBS was the summer of 2000. I got really tired of reality TV real fast thereafter--but I, and America, gathered to see Richard Hatch's butt naked tax evading self weasel his way to a well deserved victory in American Survior I (but not without taking this famous tongue lashing first).


0 comments:

Recent Posts

The Onion

Labels

The Heckler - Front Page News

Urban Word of the Day

Blah Blah Blah

Advertisements do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Bruiser (but click on 'em anyway, please).

"Our Blogger Templates" Web Design

Thanks for the help.
Powered By Blogger

  © Blogger template 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP