Support the Haiti Disaster Relief Effort

Monday, September 22, 2008

Grown Men Playing With Balls

First, the Good...

Congrats to my Cubs on clinching the NL Central with a little breathing room to get ready for the playoffs. Although I predicted a Cubs and Angels World Series early this season (and have a Vegas slip to prove it), it's still nice to have step one in the quest out of the way.
Tim McCarver, number four on my list of the worst sports analysts of all time (details to be released later) said something remarkably stupid during the Cubs/Cards broadcast of Fox, Saturday. Well, actually, he said a lot of stupid things, but the most ridiculous thing he said went something like this: Cubs fans need to drop the attitude that "the only thing that will make them happy is a World Series...that's baloney." (I paraphrase, because I find it difficult to pay attention to Tim McBlowhard.
Okay, Timmy, let's review: I've been a Cubs fan long enough to see the team get swept three straight games in San Diego when they needed just one win to make a World Series; I've seen the team come within 5 outs of a World Series appearance with their best pitcher on the mound and fall apart; I've watched last year's division winner fail to show up at all in round one and get swept by the Diamondbacks. Further, I've seen the White Sox, Boston Red Sox, and even the %#*(&$#*((# Cardinals win one in the mean time. I simply will not be satisfied until we get to a World Series. (Winning it, well, that's a different issue. The AL is tough, I won't lie.) Nevertheless, the desire is not "baloney." It's a perfectly reasonable opinion from a fan base tired of giving their emotions and their money for Summers on end only to suffer in the end. You, sir, are an idiot. Please stay out of my broadcast booth.

0 comments:

Recent Posts

The Onion

Labels

The Heckler - Front Page News

Urban Word of the Day

Blah Blah Blah

Advertisements do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Bruiser (but click on 'em anyway, please).

"Our Blogger Templates" Web Design

Thanks for the help.
Powered By Blogger

  © Blogger template 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP