Support the Haiti Disaster Relief Effort

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Random Babblings


A dream fulfilled.



After approximately 30 years of fandom (subtracting some years before the age of reason), tonight, I attend my first Cubs playoff game. I was too young in '84, too poor in '89 and '98, too cheap in '03, too unlucky in '07 (tickets to game after the sweep, sigh); but, tonight, it's game one. Ryan Dempster v. Derek Lowe. A-Ram v. M-Ram. Old Style v. Budweiser. Kosher Dog v. Connie's Pizza. I can't wait. I only hope I get to use my tix for the next round.

_________________________________________________



Wow.

Sticking with the little white ball, hell of a job by Jon Danks last night shutting out the Twins through 8 to lead the South Siders to the playoffs. I like good baseball when I see it, and this was it. Many props. Good luck in Tampa.

_________________________________________________
Can there be more?


Word is out from the "liberal media" that there's more fun filled question and answer sessions from last week's Palin/Couric interview. Topic: Supreme Court cases. MSNBC is reporting that Couric asks Palin to name a case other than Roe v. Wade, and the answer is, well, a blank stare....

Part of me so very much hopes this is true. Part of me is frightened, again.


PS. McCain/Palin dropping like a rock in the Electoral College. Check it out, here.

____________________________________

Iron Man came out of Blue Ray yesterday and I'm looking forward to checking it out again. There was an interesting article on Robert Downey Jr. in last month's Rolling Stone that I just read this morning. It's nice this guy finally seems to have things turned around, because he always was a fantastic actor (See Chaplin, Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang). Anyone not see Tropic Thunder yet, check it out. Brave, laugh out loud performance almost steals the show except for one Scientologist cameo.

0 comments:

Recent Posts

The Onion

Labels

The Heckler - Front Page News

Urban Word of the Day

Blah Blah Blah

Advertisements do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Bruiser (but click on 'em anyway, please).

"Our Blogger Templates" Web Design

Thanks for the help.
Powered By Blogger

  © Blogger template 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP